Wednesday, October 14, 2020

Back to normal, Presses 175/185lbs x 4 x 2 each, 24 kg swings and wt pushups

 Slept well last night but still woke up with left side levator, trap and first rib yelling at me. NO WHERE NEAR as bad as the day before but still not right. Took 500 mg tylenol and worked on it. As I moved it got better. By workout time it felt damn  near normal
After pressing it felt 95 % 

Thank you G-d. that was too close! Neck shit is real. When you neck is jacked every single freaking movement of your head or arm or arms sends serious spasms of pain throughout every part of the upper torso. Not good.

It was the first rib that was out and the ring mobility work saved me, It got it to mobilize, then adjust in, and when it did, the spasms stopped! That was not nice but at least I know how to re set it myself. It's happened before and I didn't

this
https://youtu.be/alKOanYNtd4

Along with activating the  cervical flexors and bracing the abs prior to moving helped reset the whole unit as well

Presses

65 85 105 x 2

135 x 2

155 x 1
175 x 2 x 4
185 x 2 x 4

Cues
hips unrack
set up tight and wait for tightness before pressing
elbows IN
start the press steady, not explosive



24 kg speed swings

5 x 8/8 solid, didn't bother neck at all

Wt pushups

bw x 10
53 lbs  x 10 x 2

BW 174.5
BF 14.1




No comments:

155 x 3 x 5, 160 x 3 x 5, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 35

 Thought about going back to 5x5 for a hot second then my left shoulder  reminded me why I stopped doing them before. It doesn't seem to...