Monday, August 06, 2018

160 lb Press 5x 3, 180 x 1, 40 kg belt squats, floor pushups, laterals



This started out for shit then actually got good. More life distractions tugging at my mental focus and then feeling completely lost in the new rack trying to solve a problem I thought I already solved got me very frustrated fast at the start of this workout

Worked up to 155 in the new rack, then, feeling really disoriented, switched back to the old rack and tried both my old oly shoes and then combat boots which felt wrong immediately. back to the old shoes, the old rack and the old press technique. Then I settled down and actually got a workout in. I just have to accept that in order to not miss the max weight out in front I just have to be strong enough to counter my lack of ROM, just as I have with each max weight I've done from 160 - 195.

They all missed out in front at first til I fixed it. 200 will have to be the same because all the stuff I've been doing feels right and natural. I just have to get better at it. Also, knowing the floor is 1/2 inch inclined just means I have to set the counterbalance for that right from the start. I didn't know that before so I couldn't compensate purposely. Now, I can. i.e, lean back more from the start.

Also I like this days work pattern
5 sets of 3 then some heavy singles
Really warmed up but not too much but the kinks are worked out of the groove. Just 1-2 singles

Also, on Wednesdays instead of light day that works my strong part( my fast start) I will try one rep then 2-3 lockouts from the top of my head level.
This should be interesting but it's the weak link so why not?

Press
45 x 5
65 x 3
85 x 3
105 x 2
120 x 2
135 x 2
155 x 1 ( hard- new rack)
135 x 1 (  old rack)
135 x 1 combat boots
155 x 1 (  old rack oly shoes)
160 x 3 x 5 sets
170 x 1
180 x 1 very very strong


40 kg  belt squats
12, 14, 16, 18

opening up my tibialis posterior and soleus made the knee ache go away

floor pushups
43
43
35

here I need to focus on the last five reps, at whatever rep count I'm at, for a full lockout and flex/hold to work the finish of the press!

SO
1) New training protocol for heavy
2) new protocol for light day
3) new pushup lockout technique


laterals
3 x 8/8 with 20's

BW 171.
BF 12.5

datsit. good revelations today

Picture of Daytona beach at sunrise by Fred Pettee

No comments:

195 x 1 x 9 205 x 1 225 x CLOSE! 205 x 1 20kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 30

 What a great day! Moved my grip and my stance back in. Concentrated on pushing UP on the bar un takeoff and then decided, during warmups, t...