Sunday, February 05, 2017

A slow, hard ruck



Well that feeling of 'I just can't get tired' ended abruptly this morning on my first lap of the ruck. My legs felt heavy and tight. All in the right places but I knew right away how much yesterday's super strong performance deplete me.

So I just went for slow and steady and it was fine. In fact I warmed up quite well into the second hour and had some decent laps, although I didn't time any laps at all. I was about 8 min per lap or thereabout.

The ruck took about 1:55 so it wasn't too slow. It was a serious effort though and I had to will my way through virtually every step :)

I knew the job was dangerous when I took it :)

50 lb ruck
12 laps
12 isometric squats ( needed to stretch!)
1:55

Nice cool and dry morning, Just about perfect

BW 164
BF 11.7
W 57%

this was unexpected

ok 135 lb press tomorrow

datsit
DFQ

No comments:

195 x 1 x 11 , 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 35, 25

  Not great sleep and a bit sore ( no aspirin for last three days) so all in all it was a strong day . Just definitely not 'fresh'  ...