Wednesday, February 22, 2017

20 kg Speed swings 20 min, walking lunges, parallel bar pushups, side delt laterals

I went back and forth about how long to make this session and decided on 20 minutes, as much for mental strength as any physical adaptation.This will be, essentially, the last tough workout I'll have until the test march 4 and I wanted it to be good.

But I decided to lower the bell weight to 20 kg to maximize power output without maxing out my CNS
It was excellent

I didn't even glance up at the clock until 16 minutes had passed,a new record. Plus NO double breathing. It was not that hard and mentally I was checked in well. Exactly what I need(ed)

20 kg speed swings
15:10 x 10
20 mins
400 reps
17,600 lbs

Walking lunges
3 laps of 40 steps,

strong too. taking shorter steps really allows me to let the knee move over the foot more stretching the quad and the calf/ankle as well. I've been overstriding and not getting enough knee flexion

Parallel bar pushups
3 sets of 25

not bad.

side laterals
3 sets of 12 with 15  strictly

No creatine for the last two days. I don't like my weight climbing like this. I should be UNDER 165 so off the creatine and really cutting back on sweet anything.

BW 166.4
BF 13.0
W 56.1

now that's just weird

ok ruck up tomorrow

datsit
DFQ

No comments:

Thursday ruck

 Another decently strong one. Cool weather again and that helps.. Calves were tight, the only thing slowing me down 45 lb ruck 6 laps 3 mile...