Monday, January 18, 2016

Military Press Big PR 120 x 5/5, 40 kg belt squat, floor pushups, crawls, side delt


Of course the video didn't work out but I got a major press pr today with five sets of five reps with 120 lbs
I can remember exactly starting this move last year with the empty bar, 45 lbs, and being very happy that I could do 5 sets of 5 ( kind of) with it since I couldn't seem to figure out how to press the kettlebell anymore without impinging my right biceps tendon.

But the bar ( and the stick before) didn't seem to bother it so I kept going. Little by little, adding sets, then reps then weight then rinse and repeat.  More or less for the year.
 And now 120 lbs which is SO close to 135 for the same workload. Which is huge for me. But, still, I'm in no hurry cause this shit is HEAVY and I would rather never be that strong if it meant getting hurt. But, I think I can do both, IF I go slowly and non greedily enough

This was hard today and I didn't get my now normal meditation drive in and just kind of ' got in and got it done."
Plus the rib is still not quite right and that is messing with my mind. I can accept going slowly but it is such a stupid injury.and a new one and I absolutely HATE new injuries.
But my press was solid even though I felt achy in the joints from all the low pressure front moving in.

Military press
stick x 5 x 2
bar x 5
65 x 5
85 x 3
95 x 3
105 x 1
120 x 5 x 5 PR!!!

not that hard at all just lots of work to stay in the groove keep the glutes LOCKED and lay back enough. Oh yea, and breath a bit too,which is pretty tough in this groove for me

Belt squat
40 kg x 12 x 4 sets

too heavy now. Have to stand on plates I think  Could do higher reps but I hate those so and I do enough sticking reps these days :)

Floor pushups
4 sets of 20 reps

not bad at all

Crawls
3 laps of 60 ft

hard as always but longer

side laterals
3 sets of 12 with 12 lb

just tired and hungry

BW 162.2
BF 12.1
W 57.4

ok stretchout tomorrow

datsit
neverquit

No comments:

155 x 3 x 5, 160 x 3 x 5, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 35

 Thought about going back to 5x5 for a hot second then my left shoulder  reminded me why I stopped doing them before. It doesn't seem to...