Wednesday, January 13, 2016

24 kg Speed Swings, 20 min, walking lunges, parallel pushups, side delts.



A bit tough day. Not a lot of sleep, full workday and  bit tired at the start. Still catching up from a week of being in pain and really bad sleep.
Body felt fine until I started to warmu up and then my rib started to talk to me a bit. I ignored it and tried to find a position it didn't say so much. I realized that I wasn't swinging my right arm back into extension enough and that helped but I didn't really know how 20 minutes would go.

That's a long freakin' set.
But I went with the one rep at a time, one set at a time mentality and it went just fine. I suffered trying to keep the power out put up but I got it done,

Also, had the goal of not looking at the clock until 15 min in and actually almost got it done; a brief glance at 7:30 messed me up but then no look til 15 min in and then it was sprint home.
 rib was "ok" but not perfect so I took that into account

Spent a lot of time mentally telling myself to shut up. It helped.
And telling myself 'just do the best you can'. that always helps
it's just one workout. there will be many many others.

In the end not the strongest 20 min set but not the hardest either.

24 kg Speed swings
10 every 15 sec
40 sets
400 reps
21,200 lbs ( this number always amazes me- almost eleven freakin' tons!)

the rib was a distraction but the work got done.

walking lunges bodyweight
3 laps of 40 steps

first time I've done these without weight in a months or so, Suprisingly easier than before although they still light up my quads like fire! I had a much better ballistic rebound out of the lunge that really helped me ascend. Kind of a 'let it go, stretch reflex bounce' . I've never been able to do that before on any leg movement. It's cool because it makes it easier :)
having super tight joints that keep the muscles under tension all the time is MUCH harder work for the body. thats for sure.

Parallel bar pushups
3 sets of 20

just tired.

side delts
3 sets of 12 with 15 lbs

these seemed heavy but I could feel the rib and i was done

ok ruck light tomorrow

datsit
neverquit

No comments:

225 x SO CLOSE, 220 x 1 ( 34th) 205 x 1 x 5, laterals rear delts wt pushups

 This was GREAT! So close on the two plate and wanted to take it again. But I took 220 instead and came  up with one of my all time bests wi...