Monday, January 11, 2016

120 lb Military press ( 6 x 3 ), 36 kg belt squats ,floor pushups, side delts, crawls



Neck is better but T spine, I realized after 'trying' to do back over the ball extension,is stuck back in flexion. Opened that up and lower neck/traps felt  much better.. The upper neck is normal now but lower traps still tight and now I know why. That's the key for me and the most frustrating

I think the rib set was the problem . But things are way better today and I new the press workout would help- no shortage of extension here.

Solo training today. Wasn't even sure what I was going to do until I got over 100 lbs. It just kept feeling fine

Mil Press
 stick x 5 x 2
bar x 4
65 x 5
85 x 3
105 x 3
115 x 3
120 x 3 x 6 sets

VERY strong. Could have done more but definitely did not want to chance it. The groove has been completely consistent and now that I can touch the bar to chest the movement is so much cleaner

Belt squat
36 kg x 10, 12,14, 16

also mega strong

Floor pushups
27
26
15
13

lol TRICEPS DEATH! that was crazy. But I started to feel tired. started a half hour late and haven't been sleeping all that well and it caught up

Plus no food til after the workout too and a half hour makes a difference

Side laterals
3 sets of 12 with 12's

Crawls
2 laps of 50 feet

ok now I'm tired.

done
Very happy with this and now, 3 hours later neck feels excellent

BW 162.2
BF 12.5
W 56.8

definitely dropped the 2.5 lbs I was trying to. Keto now after 8 weeks has seemingly kicked in. Appetite is down. Basically having one full meal  for lunch then small, high fat snacks throughout the evening. Plus my 2.5 glasses of red wine of course!
Tracy makes a great keto ice cream and vanilla pudding.

datsit
neverquit

No comments:

More press mistakes from today

 1) Gotta engage the rhomboids when setting the low rack position.Lock in 2) Elbows up is crucial 3) 'Straight  up' on the unracking...