Wednesday, January 20, 2016

24 kg Speed Swings 12 min,sandbag lunges, parallel pushups, side delts

I was nervous, no doubt about it. I didn't test the rib with the bell at all since saturday, I just let it rest. It's been feeling better everyday but I've still felt an ache and some restriction especially after lying down( sleep, nap).

stretching on trx with straight arm scap work really makes it feel better making me think it has more to do with the rear ribs and scap than the front. I am also thinking that taping it had something to do with the pop.
When the rear scap releases ( lat origin) then things feel better.

But I didn't know it wouldn't hurt on the swing and that would really piss me off.
Also had a solid hour of bodymaintence and that always helps.plenty of time to do it slowly and breathe fully into it.

Overhead shoulder and tspine mobility continue to be the best they've been in months and months. Maybe a year/

The workout went fine. Strong and powerful and the rib didn't make itself known one bit! thank you god!

Perhaps we can do the scheduled 40 kg workout after all on saturday

24 kg speed swings
15;15 10 reps per arm
12 min
20 sets
200 reps
10,600 lbs

Glutes got involved right from the start which never happens  and swing form was as fluid and powerful as ever. almost no double breathing except a bit at the end and mental focus was solid after I realized the rib was ok

Sandbag walking lunges
4 sets of 20 steps, farmers carry (R) back

this is the first time EVER any damn lunge has been easier. I think the heavier hack squats are helping too but my belt squats are the easiest ever of late too. NICE to have the legs going in the right direction again.

Plus came even close to touching my heel to my glute today! It WILL happen!!!!

Parallel pushups
20
3x15 slowly and with pause at lockout

Side laterals
3 sets of 12 with 12 also slow and strict.

I am freakin' overjoyed I seem to have dodged this bullet and am on the mend again. I am DONE with being jacked up and in pain. done.

ruck walk tomorrow

datsit
neverquit






No comments:

155 x 3 x 5, 160 x 3 x 5, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 35

 Thought about going back to 5x5 for a hot second then my left shoulder  reminded me why I stopped doing them before. It doesn't seem to...