Saturday, March 07, 2015

40 kg One Arm Swings( 132),40 kg belt squats,parallel pushups, crawls



We had a visitor today to Stones, an old friend and training partner and everyone showed up so it was a five man rotation. I wasn't worried at all about the extra rest: I was ready to go heavy and slow! After all this swing test, met con max vo2 and swing vo2 work I was ready for some heavy stuff with lots of rest between sets!

Somehow we ended up finishing earlier than ever but it was grand. My pr is 10 sets of 7/7 but I decided to take the edge off with just 6's and it was strong. I could have done 8's for sure but I need to back it up a bit.

One arm swings
16 kg x 5/5 x 3
20 kg x 5/5
24 kg x 5/5
28 kg x 5/5
32 kg x 5/5
40 kg x 6/6 x 11 sets
132 reps
11,616 lbs  not bad work load at all

it was strong,light and easy and I'm definitely adapting to, and digging, swinging in my Oly shoes. When I finished the workout my legs and glutes were pumped and my low back felt great. The heel gives me just 'that' much more anterior tilt and I need all I can get!
Can't wait to get my new Risto's next month , they should be great! Just like these but in black with white trim
Belt squats
40 kg x 12  x 4 sets

these went great! stood on two 20 kg plates and got just that extra depth I was looking for. These are definitely back in the mix. Need the leg work and tomorrows iso squats take the place of the goblets no problem

Pushups ( parallel bar feet on bench)
13, 12, 11, 10
best I've done them. shoulders felt great

Leopard crawls
3 sets of 60 feet

good finisher but sometime I 've got to do these when I'm not beat already!

ok dats it. two hour 47 lb ruck tomorrow

neverquit



No comments:

195 x 1 x 9 205 x 1 225 x CLOSE! 205 x 1 20kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 30

 What a great day! Moved my grip and my stance back in. Concentrated on pushing UP on the bar un takeoff and then decided, during warmups, t...