Wednesday, March 04, 2015

24 kg swing Vo2 30 sets/10, walking lunges, pushups, leopard crawls



I'll be honest, this one had me a bit worried. Last week was hard so I knew this week would be much harder although I didn't really know how much. Turned out, a lot. BUT as I suspected at a certain point the extra weight of the bell makes it easier to load the back swing fast enough to get a powerful up swing without more effort.

Where the intersection of that help from gravity and the effort to produce the upswing diverge I don't know but today wasn't it.20 sets ( the actual test 200 reps) wasn't that bad, in retrospect. But the next 10 were pretty stinkin' tough. Bell height seemed good.
Doing this with the 24 kg will be hell for me, that's for sure. But I'm taking my time building up to it AND all the heavier stuff I have been doing is definitely paying off-I just don't see( or feel) that the 24 kg is heavy anymore so it's much easier to "throw it around"
I was actually double breathing the last 5 or so sets and the back is fine.
Grip was fine,lower back was fine, but the cardio test was serious. Having a real countdown clock to work with helped immensely; not knowing exactly when to start the next set was tough last week. I tried to "go" on the 12 or 13th second and it worked well. Just bend down and start.
I definitely like the Oly shoes as well. Better hinge, stronger ascent and balance overall and LESS on my lower back.
SERIOUS overall leg pump, too. :)


Feels like I get a better balance of hips AND thigh in the movement
 16 kg x 5/5 x 2
20 kg x 5/5

24 kg x 10 x 30 sets every 30 seconds
300 reps
15,900lb work

Walking lunges
4 laps of 40 steps

this seemed positively easy after what I had just done. legs were solid.

Horiz bar pushups,feet on bench
15, 14, 12,10

I like this angle. strong.

Leopard crawls
3 laps of 70, 60, 50 feet

always a tough finisher.
glad that's over

datsit
neverquit


No comments:

195 x 1 x 11 , 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 35, 25

  Not great sleep and a bit sore ( no aspirin for last three days) so all in all it was a strong day . Just definitely not 'fresh'  ...