Monday, September 20, 2010

Working. Out.

Today was a work day at my workout. The days of me being able to spend most of my time focused on my next workout, visualizing the exact sets and reps and weights days before, really preparing mentally and physically, training at the most optimal time and having my training being the center of my life are long, long gone.

And today that was most evident.

It's nice to have a bunch of new clients and have to work late to accommodate them but that means I'm on fumes when it comes time for my training and I have to be very very careful not to tweak things training tired and on empty.

Tomorrow, my normal training day is even busier so I figured today was be a better choice and it was,even though DOMS from my 200 snatches on Saturday was already setting in everywhere,lol.

I figured more training would cut it off at the pass. I'll let you know Wednesday.

This was just one of those days when you just do what you can and wait for another day when things feel good.

I actually didn't feel weak at all and wanted to try five rep sets with the 28 kg ,but with an HKC this Sunday I can't take any chances and stuck with medium loads for my presses. It worked out fine.

KB Press, short cycle

16 kg x5/5 x2
20 kg x5/5

24 kg x5/5
x6/6
x7/7
x8/8
x5/5

these were very strong and the most reps I have done with the 24 kg. I had to find a way to make it harder and this was it. I could have done more but frankly I was getting bored,lol.

Handstands

6 sets alternating wall and free standing.

as good as last weeks handstands were, that's how rough these were. Took an average of three attempts to find the balance.
Oh well ,some workouts are great and some are just work.They don't call it playing-out. it's workout out.

One KB Lunge

16 kg bell x 8 reps( left side only) x 3 sets
20 kg x 8 reps x 2 sets

these are getting easier already.

swing combinations on Wednesday

datsit.

No comments:

195 x 1 x 11 , 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 35, 25

  Not great sleep and a bit sore ( no aspirin for last three days) so all in all it was a strong day . Just definitely not 'fresh'  ...