Saturday, September 04, 2010

It feels like the old days.

When I was strong. Well, just a bit. Today was 24 kg snatches and heavy two hand swings and things went off without a hitch. Watching Tracy kill her 10 minute snatch test with the 14 kg definitely helped pump up some adrenaline for my workout, as it always does:)) ( check her blog for details and video).

I wanted to do more than last week and I did, no problem. Last week was 100 reps with the 24 , 10 sets of 10 and this week did the same 10 sets but sets of 12. Niice. What's most important is that the weight felt like and my wind felt strong. Pace was solid with Nikko and I going back and forth.
Combined the last two sets in one of 12/12 and that was easy as well.

My goal for this workout is to regularly do 10 sets of 10/10 with a final set of 20/20. I would be very happy with that level of strength and conditioning for my snatch workout

Snatch

16 kg x5/5x3
20 kg x5/5

24 kg x6/6x 8 sets
x12/12 x 1 set

120 reps
6360 lbs


this went better than expected. I love it when my groove stays grooved and doesn't 'move around' on me. As with the last few weeks getting my eyes focused on exactly the right spot makes the rest fall into place.

Two Hand Swings
28 kg x8
36kgx5x8
44 kg x8
Nice! Not only can I now do some two hand swings I can get some decent weight in my hands as well. First time I have swung this much weight two handed in 5 years.


This was a nice progression from last week,especially considering work loads this week. I am so happy to be able to do two hands I can't tell you, it's the most basic power ballistic move you can do, and now, so can I!

If you have a body that is uninjured and you don't train it, you don't use it, you don't make it stronger than it was and moving towards what it could be then shame on you. I see so many people with so much physical potential that just do nothing with the gift they were given when they got into this physical form that I just don't understand it.

Why would people want to live like a slug when they could soar like an eagle? I have to fight everyday to be able to do anything I want without pain and , let me tell you, it's worth every second of effort to be able to feel strong, to feel brave, to move better than before and KNOW that you are going in the right direction, at least physically.
Strong just feels good.

Datsit.


1 comment:

Roland Denzel said...

Nice form there!

195 x 1 x 9 205 x 1 225 x CLOSE! 205 x 1 20kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 30

 What a great day! Moved my grip and my stance back in. Concentrated on pushing UP on the bar un takeoff and then decided, during warmups, t...