Monday, June 23, 2008

Swing time

Just a pretty basic ,easy swing day today, tapering down for this weeks cert.
The 32kg was on the schedule but decided discretion was the better part, etc. etc.So I wnet with the 24kg and got some volume in.Inspired by my 200 rep hi pull workout except I didnt get them in any near ten minutes,lol.

One arm swings:
16 kg x10/10x2
20 kg x5/5
24 kg x
8/8
10/10
12/12
14/14
16/16
18/18
20/20
10/10

216 reps
11,448 lbs

these went easier than expected.

transfers
24 kg x 20 reps x 10 sets
200 reps
10,600 lb

total swings: 416
total pounds 22048

not a bad days work for an easy day. The 24 is SO much easier to deal with than the 32. will get back to that when I return from the cert.

Snatch holds
20 kg x45 sec x 5 sets each arm

these were solid but boring, wanted to go a minute but just couldnt deal with the tedium. I can really see how these will help me with my overhead arm work in yoga though, lol.

Double arm CB casts
2 15 lb Cb x 10 reps x 4 sets

solid work, kind of like a standing db pullover. lots of tris, lats and intercostal work. elbow is feeling fine.

datsit.

9 comments:

Aaron Friday said...

"The 24 is SO much easier to deal with than the 32."

Same for me. It's like a different activity altogether. Even though the movements are the same, the 32 requires anger and a higher threshold for pain.

What would you recommend for a beginning club-bell program emphasizing shoulder ROM?

Mark Reifkind said...

yes, I have to get very serious when it's time to take the two pood out to play. no messing around,especially for any kind of volume and acceleration work. as to clubbell should work the basic arm casts and shield casts would be the starting point imo, as well as torch swings. get sonnons basic book its good.

Aaron Friday said...

Clubbell Training for Circular Strength?

Mark Reifkind said...

aaron,

yes, that is a good one although the encycolpedia is MUCH more detailed it is way more expensive.it certainly will be more than enough to get you started.

Franz Snideman said...

Have fun at the cert....next week right?

Aaron Friday said...

I'll look into it. What is a good weight?

Cecilia Tom said...

Have fun at the cert! I need to officially learn the windmill when you get back ... I'm looking at 1600 sq. ft. for the studio - you can understand why I am neither sleeping nor writing and I am becoming cross-eyed, LOL.

Mark Reifkind said...

aaron,

I started with the ten pound clubs and was glad I did. they have to be light imo, in order to learn the delicate shoulder movements without tearing things up

Mark Reifkind said...

cecilia,

1600 sq ft! awesome, that a lot of space. let me know when you want to come in, I will have lots of time slots open coming up as people vacation.

205, 215, 217.5,205 x 1 x 6, 190 x 1 x 3, laterals, rear delts bw pushups

 Well this went great. not perfect but the basic premise worked and I'm happy. I was not optimistic at all about this at all given recen...