Thursday, June 12, 2008

Bikrams; upping the ante.

Didnt get a chance to make the planned Bikrams Tuesday as my mechanic took alot longer to get my side window repaired than expected so we did it today.3:30 was better than 4:30 class but it was still a very diffrent experience than 8 am yoga, not to mention it was at a different studio with hardwood floors instead of the carpet in the Saratoga studio
Still it was all good but a very different pace and structure to the class. I certainly wasnt ready for holding the first poses for a FULL MINUTE but hey, you do what you can do? Gotta go with the flow.
Half moon, back bend, standing head to knee, floor bow( this JUST about killed me for the minute) were KILLERS for a full one minute. The other studio doesnt hold you near as long.I will adjust but it was a shocker.
THe heat wasnt as bad here but the hardwood floors., although beautiful were really tough on my kneeling poses as I was in kneeling upright position and the kneecap wasnt digging it. A bit extra folded towel fixed the issue but I do like the carpet better. I know: SISSY! LOL..Hey with t saturdays session it will make FIVE workouts this week. Up quite a bit from the three I have been doing.
Tracy, as usual kicks some serious butt and killed all her poses although she said she had a tough day. Couldnt tell. I should have such hard days. BUT I just about got both arms to my ankles in floor bow and I know that will happen next. I take pr's anywhere I can get them,lol.

Saturday is snatch day and I just might use the 24 kg and go for the magic 300 reps . we'll see.Body weight is back up( 159.4! woo hoo) so I should be stronger too.

datsit.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Rif, thanks for always upping the ante. You always find a great way of giving me a way to refocus and shoot higher. Team Rif for life!

Mark Reifkind said...

Ah doc! always good to hear from you.Can't wait to see you at the level 2!

Mark Reifkind said...

oh yeah, Team Rif Baby!

Unknown said...

Rif, I won't be at Level 2, but I will be at the CK-FMS. You going to that one?

Aaron Friday said...

If you do 300, then I'll have to do more. Fucker.

Mark Reifkind said...

Aaron,

Lol. Perfect. That's Mr. Fucker to you.
Course I havent done them yet.

Mark Reifkind said...

Doc,

yes I'll be at the Fms cert.

Anonymous said...

情趣,情趣,情趣用品,情趣用品,飛機杯,自慰套,自慰套,自慰套,自慰器,充氣娃娃,AV,按摩棒,電動按摩棒,情趣按摩棒,按摩棒,跳蛋,跳蛋,跳蛋,男女,潤滑液,SM,情趣內衣,內衣,性感內衣,角色扮演,角色扮演服,吊帶襪,丁字褲

More press mistakes from today

 1) Gotta engage the rhomboids when setting the low rack position.Lock in 2) Elbows up is crucial 3) 'Straight  up' on the unracking...