Saturday, June 21, 2008

Snatch holds, light.

Closing in on another cert and with some great workouts behind me today was an easy one on the schedule. Bout time too, I be tired,lol. Actually not, but after a peak it's either step down or fall off and I don't need that lesson again, so it's easy 20 rep sets with the 20 kg in groups of five.
Easy on the hands, easy on the wind and all the way round.I held each rep for a dead stop hold before moving on.Thought of it as lockout work.

Snatch holds
16 kg x5/5/5/5 x2 sets

20 kg x5/5/5/5 x 10 sets
200 reps
8800 pounds

used the corkscrew on both sides and really took care to pause every lockout. This slows every thing down which is precisely what I wanted. My CNS needs a little rest as well.

Arm casts
15 lb CB x10/10x 3 sets

Shield Casts
15 lb CB x8/8 x 3 sets

Nice easy day here too. good upper body, tricep work.

Bikram yoga tomorrow. I missed the session on Thursday and I am really looking forward to going back,despite it being 90+ degrees here currently. I've been studying his book and playing with some of the poses from a practice standpoint. Kind of like we do at the RKC. Focus on practicing the skill, not worrying about training and pushing it before the basics are mastered. I've figured out more individuations for me and I want to play with them tomorrow.Good stuff.

datsit.

No comments:

205, 215, 217.5,205 x 1 x 6, 190 x 1 x 3, laterals, rear delts bw pushups

 Well this went great. not perfect but the basic premise worked and I'm happy. I was not optimistic at all about this at all given recen...