Monday, February 04, 2008

Paused Snatches

Got to use the 20kg today for snatches and decided to do the reps with a two second pause overhead for each rep. I haven't done snatch holds or pauses for awhile and doing mostly fast reps with the Vo2 work doesnt encourage great overhead positions . This would be interesting.I love the 20 kg.It is the perfect weight for me to play with technique and I have good endurance with it. The 24kg still requires a lot more focus for me not to pull with my arms when I get tired and rip something off.
I was pleasantly surprised when I found I not only maintained my overhead position with my tight right shoulder but it was greatly improved. In fact, in was the best overhead position I beleive I have hit with that side.The two second pauses were solid and not too uncomfortable at all. Just boring,lol :))


Snatch with two sec pause
16kgx5/5x2
20kgx8/8 x13 sets
208 reps
9152 pounds

Two Hand Shield cast
15lbsx20x8 sets

purposely stayed away from the 25lber today.Want to give the elbows and wrists a break. The 15 was very fluid and I got some good momentum going. The high reps were good as well

Two CB Rockits
15lbersx 45 sec x 4 sets

This worked perfectly for a finisher. I didnt want to count reps here as it's a two part movment and its hard to keep track.45 sec was hard but not too bad.I want to build up slowly on this one and make sure I stay mainly on the left leg.Not going up in weight will help keep this in check.It is also a great distraction movement for my elbows and wrists and a linking/connecting move to the scapula.

bw 163.4!
bf 8.8%
water60.9%

wow, havent weighed this much in a long time.feel solid but I have to watch it. I need sun and some freaking hot weather.:((((((

datsit.

2 comments:

Franz Snideman said...

20kg..........feels good doesn't it?

Nice Rif! Yoana and I are coming up to San Fransisco in mid February for a mini-vacation. We will stop by the RKC to say hello to everyone!

Rock on brother and nice training!

Mark Reifkind said...

cool dude, it will be good to see you all. and yes the 20kg feels just aboubt perfect.

225 x SO CLOSE, 220 x 1 ( 34th) 205 x 1 x 5, laterals rear delts wt pushups

 This was GREAT! So close on the two plate and wanted to take it again. But I took 220 instead and came  up with one of my all time bests wi...