Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Wednesday with Mikey

Wednesday is my toughest training day because thats when Mikey comes over to show us all how to do kettlebells properly. The man is a physical genius and I dont throw that word around lightly.

He is so amazingly creative with what he does with a kettlebell it has to be seen to be believed. So strong but fluid at the same time. the kettlebell lets that happen. You cant do that with any other weight tool. You have to tame the arc to master the kettlebell and mike has that down.Big mits help too.

DARC swings
36x30
36x20
53x30
53x20

72x30 this really shows me where my legs are.
72x35
72x40 this was "interesting".

72x50

I think I would have rather done 80 with the 53! OUCH!!!AND my goal is 100? what's wrong with me.?This reminds me of climbing hills on a ten speed more than it does anything else. Pure pain with no where to go. You can always ride the momentum a little bit and keep going. IF you want to.

windmills
36x5+5
36x5+5
44x5+5x3 further adventures in my twisted hips and spine. man am I crooked.and I think I tore some lat tissue when I dislocated my shoulder in '77. it looks different from the left.

H2H flips
36x10 minutes. these are getting better.

kb catch( 2 person) this is wierd. and fun. gotta do this outside~!

Damn, forgot to do overhead squats.Good thing I dont write things down ;}}

datit,

No comments:

205, 215, 217.5,205 x 1 x 6, 190 x 1 x 3, laterals, rear delts bw pushups

 Well this went great. not perfect but the basic premise worked and I'm happy. I was not optimistic at all about this at all given recen...