Monday, March 27, 2023

225 x X 2, 215 x X x 2 ,205 x X x 2, pushdowns laterals, rear delts

 Well this sucked all the way around. Except for the warmups; they went well up to 205, then everything fell apart. I can't remember missing 205 for all the downsets but I did today

Slept like shit, was basically up since 12:30 with some brief REM sleep time. Didn't feel it affected me though so really can't blame it on that.

I did what I set out to do and it just didn't work. That was : elbows up high as possible during the setup, push up during the liftoff then look for the X as early as possible

I think that's what messed me up. I hinged back from the lower back instead of my hips counterbalancing me as I pressed. So the center of mass of the bar was behind my heels instead of over them. Lost balance on first attempt

Plus bar was too high on neck exacerbating that issue too

205 x 1 warmup


Made the bar position on second attempt but not enough acceleration and it stalled

225 x miss twice


then two worse misses with 215 twice!


then to add insult to injury three misses with 205!

Just horrible. the ONE thing I failed to do that I said made the biggest different was 
 PUSH UP

PUSH DOWN  I did not push down!

Overemphasis on too high  elbows and spotting the X too early messed it up

Not sure but I may go heavy again on Wednesday

BW 175.4

BF 14.5

No comments:

195 x 1 x 3, 205 x 1, 220 x 3/4, 215 x 1, 205 x 1 x 5, wt pushups sides and rears

 I think I might need to make wednesday the heavy day. I felt "Ok" today but kind of flat. Again. In fact, I can't remember wh...