Monday, November 28, 2022

"Touch and go" 215, 225 x X, 220, 215 , 205 5x1, wt pushups, laterals rear delts

 What a great day! Best heavy day in forever. AND my ( our ) 35th wedding anniversary. The touch and go technique worked great. Long way to go before I master it but this is me.

The same thing as in my deadlift. I needed a 'fast start' to lift anything decent at all. Here is pretty much the same thing but even harder to change as that is my  natural predilection in pressing MOVE FAST. Embrace it and control it but I have to admit speed is my strength in this  move

 If I count 195 I did 11 sets at or near 200 lbs today and that is record. I kept feeling more confident with the technique as I went on.

After I set up it has to be a fast, 'internal' touch  and go. the only bad  rep I  had today was a 205 that I flexed my torso too much and too slowly and the bar went forwards. Fixed that

 The only real cue I stayed focused on was to STAY ON THE X 

If I lose that it's over

But it's
1) elbows up

2) Unrack and grip toes

3) Spot the X

4) Touch and go quick

5) STAY ON THE X

205 warmup. too slow on the T and G

Jumped to 215 anyway and it was slightly  forward. too slow as well I think
Good enough I said fuck it and went to 225
Actually ok with this miss and it was a strength miss, not bad technique. Just need more tight speed then decided to go to 220 and it was decent
then back to 215! never done this before and it went
then went to 205 for 6 singles and they were good. only  bad one was the 4th. too much torso flex. I was going to only do four but I couldn't leave on a bad one and did five total

then weighted pushups 3 x 10 with 53

Laterals rear delts 3 x 10 15s

BW 175.4
BF 13.9

No comments:

Sunday ruck

 Another steady but slow one. Not bad at all but no records set. legs still heavy 45lbs 9 laps 4.5 miles 1:30 min lots of little shake out b...