Sunday, January 30, 2022

A back of iron and legs that never quit

 


The best ruck I've had in months and months. Legs and lungs were both  solid, it was cold and crisp and I slept fairly  well. Body felt fine and pace from the start was good

It was boring as hell, read hard, to just stay so focused on keeping the pace that I knew my legs and lungs could do but was hard as hell to do mainly from a motivational standpoint. I'm just tired lately more than ever from all the extra work with the dog and, well EVERYTHING. i.e Life.

But that's what All Day Strong is about and that's real life strength. The urge to do as little as possible and recover as much as possible is still and powerlifting and, bodybuilding, carryover and while fun, is not the functional.

But I know that and pushing the ruck strength, speed and endurance is probably the most important workout I do each week even though it's been hard of late.

45 lb Ruck

12 laps

13, 420 steps

1:52 min!

last lap  7:50 not bad

no supportive stops but lots of little ones

BW 173.4
BF 13.1


No comments:

Thursday Ruck

 Decent one.  Legs feeling heavy and tired but lungs and head good 45 lbs 6 laps 3 miles 60 min 175.2