Saturday, January 04, 2020

Back from a cold, no ruck thursday 195lb presses, pistols floor pushups



Got him by a truck again but only a bad cold not the flu. But crap it kicked my ass. I think the intense soreness I felt from Monday's hard but not stupid hard workout was the beginning of me getting sick. Slept like shit Monday, thought I was getting sick but felt better tues at work then crashed tues night. Cancelled work wednesday and felt better. back to work thursday then crash again thursday night! Off work with chills, 100 deg fever and aches on Friday! then it let go again! so here we are.

I knew I wasn't going to push anything heavy and I was happy to just be able to train. Turned out interesting

Press
65, 85. 105 x 3
135 x 2
155 x 1
175 x 1
195 x X
       x 1 x 5
 the get on the toes technique did not work at all. Too vertical a rack position. quickly abandoned that.  then  I just felt my way through
decent line but still hitting the sticking point.
After lots of video time I think this is perhaps the correct and my best groove. I keep searching for leverage at the sticking point and I end up pushing my hips forward to get under the weight but also end up pushing the bar forward!
I think I just have to learn to HOLD the lean back arch THROUGH the sticking point and not try to push it back so much


the bar never moves forward and I stay back the entire time! also I have to put back 5x5 on Wed with the same weight AND DO ALL PAUSED. Like this set

Pistol practice
3 sets of 5/5 assist

floor pushups
3 x 40

these are the right version.

BW 171.6!!
BF 12.5

TOO LIGHT! I can really feel how being heavier helps. I will have to be 175 to press 225 I think


No comments:

195 x 1 x 11 , 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 35, 25

  Not great sleep and a bit sore ( no aspirin for last three days) so all in all it was a strong day . Just definitely not 'fresh'  ...