Saturday, January 19, 2019

60 and 68 kg One Arm Swings, Pistol practice, Handstand practice!!, Wt pushups laterals



What a great workout!  Pretty much 100% healthy and all things went great today! Including being able to do my handstand again!!! I just had a feeling I should be able to and tried a few after pistols and they went RIGHT UP! Nothing like that catastrophe that happened last year. Can't really explain what's different now or why it went south but it felt like it used to be going upside down today.
The weight shift and all. No problem getting to the wall. I had a little shoulder shift  but it was my second attempt today  and first attempt with no spot and no problem Very encouraged by this


 One arm swings
16 kg x 5/5 x 2
20 kg x 5/5
24 kg x 5/5
28 kg x 4/4
32 kg x 4/4 ( feels light!)
36 kg x 4/4
40 kg x 4/4
44 kg x 4/4
48 kg x 4/4 ( 80 warmup reps)
60 kg x 5/5 x 7 ( 70 reps) best transfers ever on this
68 kg x 5/5 x 3 ( transfer is there. Almost time to go for it.)



This was easily the strongest it's ever been. ZERO grip issues and I seriously considered transfer. I had enough float but want to wait a bit. But I could accelerate the bell more than ever and I even got a little float on it too

Pistol practice
3 sets of 6/6

very solid

Handstands
set one spotted with Nick - a bit short but no problem feeling stable upside down
set two _ above video. Part of the difference I think was accepting my 'trophy' handstand position as OK. Not trying to shift through to a 'modern' handstand which I don't have the shoulders for anymore

We'll see if I can ever do it again but I think I'm onto something. With my press and my handstand. If this is the case and I can train these as an assistance exercise for my press I think both will take off

Wt pushups
bw x 10
53 x 10 x 3

solid

Laterals
3 x 8/8 with 15s

BW 168.2
BF 10.7
W 59.6 !!

datsit! very very happy with this on every level

No comments:

155 x 3 x 5, 160 x 3 x 5, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 35

 Thought about going back to 5x5 for a hot second then my left shoulder  reminded me why I stopped doing them before. It doesn't seem to...