Wednesday, January 09, 2019

20 kg speed swings, 25 set of 8 RPA ( not timed), Standing press practice ( discovery!) walking wt lunges, laterals



 Went easy today. Max vo2 swing work untimed. Just a round robin with nick, glenn and I.
8 RPA
25 sets
200 reps
8,800 lbs work
RPE 7.5

Lungs felt great . zero coughing!!

Standing press; Breakthough!
Perhaps. We'll see Monday when the weight's heavy but man it felt great today and seemingly solved a LOT of problems

The Technique:
Unrack with head up and looking at ceiling. Lock in arch/elbows up
Layback and press and just at 3/4 look forward to move under bar!

I can't believe how great this felt! First walking out with head up made the weight supported by torso, what I've been TRYING to get but haven't. When I looked forward walkiing out the weight feels SO Much heavier and way too much arm work

Putting neck in extension helps create even more back extension, and, hopefully let me stay there at the sticking point

BUT< by driving my head to look forward as I get to lockout I move my torso under the bar instead of trying to put the bar back more

This just may work!
 It also solves the how to launch it from a deadstop problem,Just a single leanback and shove

The moving underthe bar changes everything. I didn't think I could do it! I coached Nick on it then he told me to do the same!

Walking lunges 20 lb
4 laps of 20 steps

achy

laterals
3 x 10/10 with 15s

BW 168.8
BF 13.1

up a lot last night

VERY excited about this

No comments:

225 x SO CLOSE, 220 x 1 ( 34th) 205 x 1 x 5, laterals rear delts wt pushups

 This was GREAT! So close on the two plate and wanted to take it again. But I took 220 instead and came  up with one of my all time bests wi...