Sunday, October 21, 2018

First ruck in a week

Between the move and the weekend at StrongEndurance my rucking has taken the brunt of it.  Didn't miss any workouts but I missed two rucks in a row last week and today was get back on the horse day. It went well although  with so few miles in my legs over the last twenty years a week off feels like a month off to my upper body!

Not exactly the best day to come back after the 60 and 68 kg swings but so it goes. I just started slowly and took a lot of 30-60 sec rest to let the legs 'aerate' lol. Towards the end it was my upper back muscles yelling but I got through it.

Have to confess there were more than a few times I gave myself permission to only do 9 or 10 laps. And that would have been fine. Nothing I'm more scared of these days than a foot bone injury! Slow is fine.

45 lb ruck
12 laps
1:55 min
RPE 7 (took it very easy)

BW 169.8
BF 12.8

datsit!

Big presses tomorrow, 165 for 3's

No comments:

195 x 1 x 9 205 x 1 225 x CLOSE! 205 x 1 20kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 30

 What a great day! Moved my grip and my stance back in. Concentrated on pushing UP on the bar un takeoff and then decided, during warmups, t...