Sunday, May 27, 2018

50 lb Ruck, negative splits



Got a late start and decided to skip the stretchout to see how it would affect things. I felt really good waking up, with no serious tightness or aches, despite yesterdays volume

It wasn't a good idea. Things started ok for laps one and two then the legs overall, but particularly the calves pumped up. didn't even take creatine yesterday  or this morning :)
 they would relax if I stopped for 30 seconds and shook them out but it was annoying. Next week I will ruck in my low top Salomons, which are more running shoe than hiking boot and see. My instinct says I have too much shoe restricting ROM. I'm not sure I need the 'support' as much as I need the ability to let the foot and ankle move more freely.

We will see but I've got to figure this out

One hour in things loosened considerably and I could walk fast. I've always was a negative splits racer and trainer when I ran or cycled ( finish faster than start) but this is ridiculous!

50 lb Ruck
12 laps
11 iso squats
2 :05 time
Last lap 7:24 ( not bad )

BW 169.6
BF 12,7


Ok new press routine tomorrow!

datsit

No comments:

195 x 1 x 9 205 x 1 225 x CLOSE! 205 x 1 20kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 30

 What a great day! Moved my grip and my stance back in. Concentrated on pushing UP on the bar un takeoff and then decided, during warmups, t...