Wednesday, May 30, 2018

24 kg speed swings 14 min (push band), strict press speed ,walking lunges, compound laterals

Strangely woke up with a talkative lumbar and sacroiliac spine today. Couldn't for the life of me figure out why and then I realized- double kb front squats. I have been flexion intolerant since my herniation in 2000 and I guess I still am. Anything that overloads my abs or hammies too much can set things off and they did today.

But it wasn't bad and I knew what to do. That's a big help. Released my rectus abdominus and psoas and obdurators and things started feeling better right away. I wasn't sure how the swing would feel but it turned out fine. Just slow to start.
Thank g-d for body maintenance know how. It may not supposed to work but it hasn't failed me yet.

One arm swings
24 kg x 14 min
280 reps
14 480 lbs tonnage
RPE 6.5 

not bad at all, surprisingly. But I was also playing around my with my new Push Band velocity meter and it was distracting me.Messed up the setup but two numbers that did display for the left arm swing sets it did measure was 1260 something for peak watts( which seems pretty high) and 620 something for average. If these are accurate I'm on to something

Now to read ALL the instructions for Saturday's 44 kg x 10 x 8/8 workout and see what numbers I get. This could be very fun, I almost bought one of these a few years ago for precisely this purpose but decided against it as I wanted on that attached to the bell, not my arm. That one is now in development thanks to SF but this has been proving using for the people testing them now

https://www.trainwithpush.com/strongfirst

Strict press
45 x 5
65 x 3
85 x 3
117 x 3 x 10

deliberately took the lighter weight as my back was just starting to open up  and I didn't want to risk it. Each set my back felt better from the extension

walking lunges
four slow sets of 40 reps

short stride, knee/ankle leading. torso more upright. best these have felt in months. really slowed each rep down and not trying just to 'get it over with'.

combo laterals
3 x 8/8 with 20's

first time all sets with this weight. stronger!

 BW 170.4 ! that's a surprise
BF 12.3


ok ruck it up tomorrow and keep my abs open!

datsit

No comments:

195 x 1 x 11 , 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 35, 25

  Not great sleep and a bit sore ( no aspirin for last three days) so all in all it was a strong day . Just definitely not 'fresh'  ...