Thursday, November 30, 2017

Back to ruck

This was  hard , I'll admit.
I've repacked my bag and it stays at 50 lbs all the time time so it was a bit heavier than usual thursday and missing my two hour ruck didn't help

Neither did my heavy tight legs from yesterday but it was fine. What wasn't fine was the new insoles I put into my Salomons to help keep these in the mix a little longer. No go Joe. Looks like, just like new wine in old wineskins, new inserts don't go in old rucking boots

At least not for me but no worries I've gotten my money's worth

Have these coming tomorrow
I've decided to back to mainly the combat boot( Danner Tanicus) for  my rucking as the lower cut Salomons kept trapping grit dirt and pebbles between boot and sock. My magnums are working well but they are old too and will need to be replaced after this winter,

They aren't waterproof but that should be fine.
I've wanted to try Danner boots for awhile and these were such a deal I couldn't resist. Now lets see if they like my feet.   When I googled 'best boots for rucking' all the ones that came up were combat boots. It's what they're made for, it seems :)

50 lb Ruck
6 laps
60 min
( a bit slow)
RPE 8

BW 169,2 ( pre ruck = 168.2)
BF 12.3
W 56.6

ok stretch out tomorrow then the 40kg for 200 reps!

datsit
dfq

No comments:

155 x 3 x 5, 160 x 3 x 5, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 35

 Thought about going back to 5x5 for a hot second then my left shoulder  reminded me why I stopped doing them before. It doesn't seem to...