Sunday, May 07, 2017

Father Son Ruck

Had a surprise visit by my son Gabriel today for the last half of the ruck. Gabe is getting back into shape with kettlebell training and is ready to start rucking now. It's really great that he came out but my legs and glutes were really tired and tight from yesterdays' excellent but very explosive/high volume session and having him there made me push perhaps just a little more than I would have.

Got some great interval times, however :)
I started out slowly but lap number four timed out at 7:34 and that was surprising fast
Legs loosened up a bit after each squat but tightened up as soon as I put some speed into it

50 lb Ruck
12 laps
11 iso squats
lap 4 7:38
lap 8 7:12 !
lap 11 6:59 I pushed the red line just a bit to bring that one in by the hair of my chinny chin chin :)

I will feel that tomorrow. Hell I  feel that now'

1:55

BW 167.2
BF 12.2
W 56.6


We'll see how I feel tomorrow as to what press weight I use

datsit
DFQ

No comments:

155 x 3 x 5, 160 x 3 x 5, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 35

 Thought about going back to 5x5 for a hot second then my left shoulder  reminded me why I stopped doing them before. It doesn't seem to...