Monday, May 08, 2017

155 lb Military press 5x2 PR,32 kg belt squats,floor pushups PR,crawls, rear laterals



Man as sore and beat up as I was all day yesterday I woke up feeling pretty damn recovered. But as much as I wanted to go for 155 today I really didn't think I would feel strong at all and I would take that as a sign to back off.

But that didn't happen, My shoulder was in good shape all morning and I spent a lot of time stretching with a dowel stick in the rack position and really letting my delts stretch out. turns out that was a good idea as my bicep tendon was no problem all workout. haven't felt that in a long time.

Plus I didn't snatch on Saturday and it looks like that was a good idea as well. I'd rather press well than snatch anyway now a day. The swing's the thing for me for ballistics, that's for sure

Military press
stick x 5 x 2
bar x 5
65 x 5
85 x 3
115 x 3 ( new jump, was fine)
135 x 2 ( another new jump, also fine- this is a sign of really getting stronger, these new jumps)
155 x 2 x 5 sets PR!!

97% of my 160 current max.Nice

first two sets were hard as I wasn't laying back enough ( video above is second set). Once I fixed that the last three sets were the strongest. Nice! Really felt like I could push. A little overfocused on whether the biceps tendon would move or not, which was distracting, but other than that VERY confident on the whole thing,

Walk up, set up, un rack and walkout were all very confidently done; like I knew I would make it. Can't remember when I attacked this movement like that.

And after two very hard days, well, I'm surprised and happy

Clean and squat
20 kg x 5/5
24 kg x 4/4

Not loving this today. Hands are sore as are shoulders, Need to feel the legs. back to belt squats

Belt squats
32 kg x 20 x 2 sets

this is another staple. Just accept it. it works

Floor pushups
3 sets of 37 PR!!

had more in the tank on the last reps of the third set :)

Crawls
3 x 70 feet
fast and strong

rear laterals

3 sets of 12 with 20 lbs
I will be using 25's here very soon.

BW 167.4
BF 11.9
W 57.6

lol lots of sweets yesterday. well except for the weight it didn't hurt my training

rest and roll tomorrow

datsit
DFQ

No comments:

215 x 1, 225 miss x 2, 205 x 1 x 5 , side and rear delts , floor pushups ( deep, paused) 3 x 9

 Didnt sleep well last night and that didn't help. 205 and 215 were strong ( but not fast) and sure enough I didn't have enough spee...