Monday, February 15, 2016

First day back at Pullups,Floor pushups, 48 kg belt squats,crawls,rear delts



Got back to pullups today and they went well; don't expect there to be trouble tomorrow, but not sure I want to turn this into the main theme of the workout. Time will tell

I could do presses first as usual and then superset pullups with pushups. that actually might be the best way. I kinda missed pressing today and that surprised me

All in all a very successful start
Pullups
green band x 5 x 2
purple band x 5 x 2
black mini x 5
body weight x 3 !!
purple band x 5

33 total reps

If I do keep it as the centerpiece of the workout I'll keep total counts but 100 reps would be awesome here as well as pushups

Floor pushups
4 sets of 25

SO much easier if I don't press heavy first.

48 kg belt squat
12
13
14
15

strong. with the different bells I hit the floor at different depths. this is the tallest bell but it's cool because I work all different ROM's this way. Still not easy the last two sets, good quad burn

Crawls
3 sets of 60 feet
strong too

Rear delts
3 sets of 15 with 15 lbs

easy peasy

datsit
neverquit

2 comments:

Unknown said...

How'd the shoulders feel after???

Mark Reifkind said...

haha it was fine until the next morning with my first client, who wants to learn pullups I did a LIGHT gravitron pullup that overstretched my already tight teres major and set things back. It wasn't the original workout but overstretching a too tight muscle too early
thanks for asking tho :)

More press mistakes from today

 1) Gotta engage the rhomboids when setting the low rack position.Lock in 2) Elbows up is crucial 3) 'Straight  up' on the unracking...