Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Back in the mix

Fresh back from the first ever StrengthMatters SMK certification in the UK and I still had to make my workout.
I wrote a full debrief of the cert for another blog so this is just about getting back on the horse while my body thinks it time to go to sleep again
Actually the jet lap in either direction wasn't too bad this time and the travel was exceptionally easy. Plus I had plenty of energy and my body behaved well . I dont' think i got on a full roller all weekend but I did get a lot of stretching and demo type training in.
that was good.

So today was easy and I would have rather not started back with swing vo2 but there it was.

Speed swings
24 kg
12 minutes
15;15
10 reps /set
240 reps
12, 720 reps

this was not strong but it wasn't hard either. Just tired and hungry. But it got done and it made me just that much stronger for next time

Walking lunges
3 laps of 40
tough here, starting to run out of gas.
Legs got the most work this weekend/

Horiz bar pushups
20
15
15

trying to hold on now :)

DB side laterals
3 sets of 12 with 12's

about 60 minutes total. not bad considering. back to ruck tomorrow, that should be easier

bw after trip 161.8 pretty much exactly the same as when I left :)

datsit
neverquit

2 comments:

Diana said...

Congratulations Mark on what looked (from all the FB pics!) like a successful SM cert!!

You are definitely making your "Mark" (hehehe, see what I did there!) on the KB world!!!
Cheers to many, many, many more certs to come.

Mark Reifkind said...

thanks Diana I can only hope the next ones go as well as this :)

195 x 1 x 11 , 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 35, 25

  Not great sleep and a bit sore ( no aspirin for last three days) so all in all it was a strong day . Just definitely not 'fresh'  ...