Saturday, September 05, 2015

44 kg One Arm Swings 5/5, 24 kg double cleans, pistols, Horiz pushups



This went great, better than I expected. Back got a little tight last night and that had me worried a bit but it unraveled nicely during sleep. My right hip flexor needed some serious love yesterday as it was STILL tight from last weeks pistol work on the right side! Have never trained that leg like that before and it was talking to me all week. I finally paid enough attention and gave it enough SMR to finally get it all the way out.
That what was tugging on my back I'm sure.
Important thing was that I felt great this morning

And the program for just 5/5 for 10 sets was brilliant. Just what we need PLUS it gave us an opportunity to not just survive the sets but really focus on power and acceleration. I think this new alternating intensity schedule will work well.

What we've been doing has been working great but it's time for a change. I'm listening to my body and that's what it says.

One arm swings
16 kg x 5/5 x 2
20 kg x 5/5
24 kg x 4/4
28 kg x 3/3
32 kg x 3/3
40 kg x 3/3
44 kg x 5/5 x 10 sets
100 reps
9700 lbs
4.85 tons

fast paced too as we were only doing 20 second sets even though there were four of us. Shoes still are performing perfectly. Feel like I could wear them all day.

Double Cleans


2 20's x 5
2 24's x 4 x 5

these were the best cleans I've ever done. Not sure if I am going to ramp these up to 10 rep sets or increase the load but this is definitely the second exercise for Saturdays. Makes me use a wider stance and hit the glutes and hips differently. It will feel differently though after 200 Beast swings :)

Pistol/ kickstand squat practice


These went great. using a hand spot instead of me holding on works better. I have to reach out more to keep my center of mass over my foot. If I grab tight I sit back and that'll never translate. The kickstand squats continue to be a winner on many levels

Horiz bar pushups
3 sets of 15
easy backing off for tomorrows KB Basics workshop

Superset with 30 second chin bar hangs

still going well here, too

ok no ruck tomorrow just 8 hours of kb demos! this is what I train for, to be able to do this stuff and not skip a beat

datsit
neverquit


No comments:

195 x 1 x 9 205 x 1 225 x CLOSE! 205 x 1 20kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 30

 What a great day! Moved my grip and my stance back in. Concentrated on pushing UP on the bar un takeoff and then decided, during warmups, t...