Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Speed swings, 20 min,walking lunges,parallel pushups, kb rows



Slept well and after thinking just a bit about it with Glenn, decided to shoot for the full twenty minutes of speed swings. At this point it's not that big a deal how long we go. Which is precisely the level I wanted to get to.
Now it's about trying to maximize acceleration on each and every rep of every set for however minutes the set takes, The base is there, the foundation solid.This is what we've trained for. Pretty soon we should take the 32kg swing test again.  But I have a cert to do first.

Speed Swings
15:15 10 reps per set
40 sets
20 minutes
400 reps
21,200 lbs
10.6 tons

Still stayed with the head up in the bottom position. Seemed what my body wanted to do. I did use double breathing after 11-12 minute. again my body said yes so I went with it.

Walking lunges
4 laps of 40 feet

this was tough from the start as it usually is after 20 minute sets. On the last round I was taking break after the first 20 reps!

Parallel pushups
20
20
18
16
 74 total

these were very strong and no shoulder clunks at all

KB row
24 kg x 8/8 x 3 sets

solid day. ruck up tomorrow glad I did the 20 minutes now I don't have that waiting for me when I get back :)

datsit
neverquit

No comments:

155 x 3 x 5, 160 x 3 x 5, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 35

 Thought about going back to 5x5 for a hot second then my left shoulder  reminded me why I stopped doing them before. It doesn't seem to...