Monday, September 21, 2015

90 lb Military press,36 kg belt squat,floor pushups, leopard crawls, rear delts



last day before I leave to teach the first ever StrengthMatters Kettlebell certification. Very excited but wanted to make sure I left with no new dings so I backed off and it worked out perfectly

Military press
stick x 5
bar x 5 x 2
65 x 5
75 x 5
90 x 5 x 6 sets

these were the best presses I have done since I started pressing with a barbell again early this year. Moving my grip in ( right at the edge of the knurling) has made a HUGE difference. I can really  angle my hand on the bar and actually get some torque into my shoulders and arms

I was really  having trouble squeezing the bar( even though I was trying hard to) with the old grip. Plus I am pulling my elbows underneath me right at the start. Plus , after the initial drive I am letting my elbows flare as they want. with this narrow of a grip it won't be much

my shoulders aren't achy at the start, not getting ANY left tricep bite like I was before and the overhead position feels much better. Need less arch at the top

Interesting to see this with my shirt off and my scaps go through their paces. They are not as bad as I expected although I can really see where my scoliosis kicks in around T11-12. Right erector is still smaller than the left but the scaps are moving pretty well together . Lockout was even decent

Belt squat
36 kg x 12, 14, 16

wanted to do another set so I stopped :)

Floor pushups
3 sets of 20

same here

Crawls
3 sets of 50 ft

much stronger than last time
 db rear delts
3 sets of 12 with 12's


ok wheels up tomorrow going to make some kb instructors

datsit
neverquit

No comments:

155 x 3 x 5, 160 x 3 x 5, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 35

 Thought about going back to 5x5 for a hot second then my left shoulder  reminded me why I stopped doing them before. It doesn't seem to...