Saturday, August 16, 2014

Easy day. 24-36 kg One arm swing ladders, 32 kg two hand swing, crawls, pushups

Ido hanging around.

Feeling good but have to go easy today as tomorrow I  teach and demo kbs for eight hours at the SFG KB course in Danville.
In the "bad old days" I would have had to take the day off entirely or risk being wrecked but things are much different now and thank G-d for that :)
Of course can't be greedy and still have to keep that ever in mind. things can always go wrong and I have to be ready for the course and be fresh and mobile.

So easy  it was but not too easy :)

One arm swing
16 kg x 5/5 x 2
20 kg x 5/5
24 kg x 5/5
28 kg x 5/5
32 kg x 5/5
36 kg x 5/5 x three ladders

this worked out perfectly Just enough work to keep me going but left feeling like I didn't do much.

Two hand swings
32 kg x 8 x 8 sets

again, just right. not too much not too little. left wanting more

Also, did about 15 minutes of one arm hangs today as well, greasing the groove. two 4 min bouts before training and one after. this is really making a huge difference. felt the lat/teres start to tighten up after training, as usual, but instead of lacrosse ball work, etc I hung. Dissipated right after. This is very good news. Now I am on the lookout for places I can hang from , lol. As Ido Portal says, 'don't be afraid to be a weirdo, hang everywhere'.
I am taking his advice to heart.

Crawls
four laps x 60 feet

Parallel grip pushups on pbars
4 x 10

superset
blue band rear delts
4 x 12


datsit. long day tomorrow then back to work. hate to miss my ruck but I'll get some work in  :)

neverquit

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for introducing me to Ido and his teachings. It is funny how other parents look at you funny for playing on the jungle gym with your kids (and I am only 37 yrs young).

Mark Reifkind said...

keep playing while they keep sitting. see who ends better :)

Morgan L. said...

That look is called envy!

! said...

this inspired my workout today, thanks. slept about 3 hours, didn't even have the energy to warm up so working up from 16 to 40 was exactly what i needed.

155 x 3 x 5, 160 x 3 x 5, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 35

 Thought about going back to 5x5 for a hot second then my left shoulder  reminded me why I stopped doing them before. It doesn't seem to...