Monday, August 11, 2014

100 Pushups, 100 Belt squats, triceps and hip sled



This is a big deal to me. 10 sets of 10 in the regular floor pushup is crazy progress since I haven't really been able to do a pushup safely in years. This is Just great progress and my chest shoulders and triceps are responding well to it also.

5:30 am  roll and stretch

Mostly focused on overhead hangs in chin bar with multiple grips as well as overhead dislocates with a stick. each set was about 2.5 minutes long.The dislocates are another key stretch. Hate it with a passion as I suck so badly at it but it has to be done. Making a very big difference in my overhead position as well as shoulder pain. All better. I think I might have figured out what I wasn't doing- holding the damn stretches longs enough to "kill" the stretch reflex. The exact strategy I used for getting my knee flexion in my left leg.

It's no fun but it seems to work. No overhead loading until I can get my arm overhead with no weight correctly! Sounds stupid to write that but I've been doing it for years no more.

12:30
One arm swing warmup
16 kg x 5/5/5 x 3

Floor Pushups
10 sets of 10
Supersetted with

Red band rear delts
10 x 10/10

this was nice. No problem at all. easy

Belt squats



these went great as well. 5 sets of 20 for 100 reps as well. Serious quad burn!

Db kickbacks
4 sets of 10 with 15 lbs  these really help strengthen the elbow lock position. Plus NO joint pain or restriction at all is a nice thing for a change

Hip sled
95 lbs x 250 ft x 4 laps
just finishing off and working  on my tan :)


#1.5 gripper
3 sets of 1/1 with hold at sticking point about 3.5 second rep. these are tough still but I can feel the whole body get into it. parallel stance is definitely stronger than lunge stance.

great day

datsit.
neverquit


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Been meaning to ask Mark. Do you prefer shoulder dislocates with a stick or bungee cord and why?

Mark Reifkind said...

I am using the stick right now as it gives me a better pec/ shoulder stretch. the bands stretch right at the point where I need the muscles to stretch instead.
much harder for me but more effective.


those overhead hangs, though are helping more than anything.

155 x 3 x 5, 160 x 3 x 5, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 35

 Thought about going back to 5x5 for a hot second then my left shoulder  reminded me why I stopped doing them before. It doesn't seem to...