Monday, August 04, 2014

87 Pushups

 Ok the number on the chalkboard says 88- I can barely count normally but even less so at the end of a workout.

This was an important workout. Not too long ago I couldn't do ONE pushup without my right shoulder going out on me big time. It got to the point where I couldn't press much at all without it giving me grief,especially overhead. So I decided that  I wasn't going to load anything overhead- just work on the ROM- but that I wanted to re claim my pushup. I started with just negative only reps, and very few of them, but I was doing them. Close grips on the palettes, the regular parallel pushups.

My attempts to do the floor press didn't do my back much good it seems so I decided to make the pushup the main course for Monday's workout. Of course I'll have to wait to see if I can comb my hair tomorrow to really judge if this will work but even if it doesn't I did ten sets of pushups today- regular freaking flat palmed on the floor pushups no problem. and that felt damn good.

Being able to squat, and walk and now do pushups is making me feel almost human again :) If one day I can survive pullup training it will be complete. But, lets not get greedy .

One arm swings
16 kg x 5/5/5 x 3  this never fails to take me from "not wanting to workout 'cause I'm creaky" to ready to go. I don't even fight it anymore

Floor pushups
As above
10, 9, 9,8,8,9,8,8,9,9

the reason for the changing reps had everything to do when my shoulders started to rattle around a little.I still have to figure out the exact line of force to push through but it was grand! Want to work up to regular workouts of 100 reps as a baseline IF my shoulders hold tomorrow.

Supersetted with band rear delts
red band 10 sets of 15/15

this seemed very important  to do to keep things neutral

Belt squats
28 kg x 20 x 5 sets
100 reps

these were easy. perhaps I've hit a new high in my leg/cardio conditioning as evidenced by my ruck yesterday as well as today.that would be nice

db kickbacks
15 lbs x 12 x 4 sets

chose these over ring extensions as I need work in the lockout. felt good and no stress on shoulder or lat

Hip Sled
95 lbs x 250 ft x 5 laps

strong. fast intervals too. still felt strong. first time doing 5 laps in awhile. MUCH cooler today which really helps

Grippers
#1 x 4 singles 3/4 closed. Held static position at end for  2 count. Grip feels good too

allright! Good solid one

datsit
neverquit

 coming soon.

No comments:

155 x 3 x 5, 160 x 3 x 5, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 35

 Thought about going back to 5x5 for a hot second then my left shoulder  reminded me why I stopped doing them before. It doesn't seem to...