Monday, July 28, 2014

kb floor press,belt squat, ring extensions,sled pull, grippers

Woke up feeling pretty good considering how hard this weekends training was. Not stiff or achey at all. Very surprising and my shoulder continues to be in less and less pain, mover easier and more as I increase my internal ROM and keep up with stretch/ myo fascial release work.
Combining the release work WITH the stretch really makes a difference too.
Also, putting the shoulder into distraction first, ala kelley starrets band work helps also when I have the time during the day.

Lots of time today spent in full and supported squat positions and this gets deeper everyday. Love it. Knee cap issue is resolving as I make sure to keep the pouch right above the kneecap supple and stretchy.

It's all about the maintenance :)

One arm swing warmup : 16 kg x 5/5/5 x 3  this always makes me feel more ready to go

KB floor press
2 16s x 5 x 2
2 20's x 5
2 24's x 7, 8,8,7,8,8,8,8

NICE! definitely found a groove and the two sets of 7's were outliers when my biceps tendon was not moving well and I had to open it up but otherwise strong as shit!Definitely feel my pecs strengthening after ALL these years of neglect.

Kind of the same feeling as in my quads. My two favorite, and strongest muscles, so left to underuse when I overfocused on bringing up my weak bit. Strengthen the weakness but don't neglect the strengths either.

Learn something new everyday.

Belt squat
40 kg x 12, 14, 16 ,20
these felt great and strong. bell hit floor each rep but given that it's a bigger bells there's less ROM. that is fine, that' fucker's heavy :)

Ring extensions
1 x 14, 12, 11, 10

These were easy. and the presses really warmed up the shoulders

Hip sled
95 lbs x 250 ft x 4 laps

thought seriously about five laps but just did not have any extra and I didn't want to go past 80% effort. Damn it's been hot here forever.

Band rear delts
3 x 12 each arm ( one at a time as usual)
# Trainer gripper
3 x 4 reps each hand.

hands were fatigued this was not as easy as last week. the one arm swings REALLY cook the grip

overall good , work capacity is coming back and body is staying online. here we go.

datsit
neverquit



No comments:

155 x 3 x 5, 160 x 3 x 5, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 35

 Thought about going back to 5x5 for a hot second then my left shoulder  reminded me why I stopped doing them before. It doesn't seem to...