Monday, July 21, 2014

Double 24 kg floor press, 32 kg belt squats, ring extensions, hip sled



Solid work today. Knee resolved when I opened up the TFL of all things.It referred right down to the lateral part of the knee, right next to the knee cap. When that released all went well. Thank G-d. loving my new knee and mobility way to much to go backwards at all!

Had a full hour stretchout this morning and worked the shoulder/lat openers in Starretss video. It got right where I needed it to, in the nexus of the lat, teres major and long head of triceps netherworld under my armpit. Grody locked down glued down tissue but this helped a lot even though I had to jerry rig it quite a bit.
that just means lots of progress to be made :)


one arm swing warmup
16 kg x 5/5/5 x 3

Floor press
2 16s x 5 x 2
2 20s x 5
2 24s x 5 x 5

this went very well once I figured out a manageable way to get the weights into position. I'll stay with this weight til I can do 5 sets of 8 easy and then go up. Nice to get some pec work again too :)

Belt squats
32 kg x 14, 16, 18 ,20
 very solid reps with bell touching floor each rep and a solid quad contraction at top of each rep. wind was good. energy too

Ring extensions
12, 12, 10, 7

Band rear delts red
4 sets of 13,13,15 15

Hip sled
95 lbs x 250 ft x 4 sets

more upright on the walking hits glutes more. I figured since I really lean in on the shoulder version I should stay more upright here.

Gripper 1.5 x  4 singles. no warmup just go. Actually not that far off. 1/4 " but that final click has always been my nemesis!

solid solid day and everything feels good

datsit
neverquit

never forget.

No comments:

195 x 1 x 11 , 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 35, 25

  Not great sleep and a bit sore ( no aspirin for last three days) so all in all it was a strong day . Just definitely not 'fresh'  ...