Wednesday, April 02, 2014

22kg snatch (pr), SLDL, Crawls



this went well. my teres stayed open, mostly, and my overhead position didn't hurt although I didn't have all the time I wanted/needed to prep the overhead position.

But the outcome was solid.
160 reps in sets of 8/8 with the 22 kg and it was easy peasy. My "breathe easy' technique for snatches continues to work. I don't need that much intra abdominal pressure to stabilize my back anymore so I don't need power breathing which keeps the heartrate lower and my endurance higher. I can't do anatomical breathing yet but it's coming. that's when high reps will be much much easier.

But I still won't go over 10 reps per side. I want to accelerated the bell as fast as possible as well as do the volume

Snatch
16 kg x 5/5
20 kg x 4/4
22 kg x 8/8 x 10
160 reps (recent) pr
7840 lbs

I haven't done this many reps with this kind of weight in forever. It wasn't too long I was very happy with sets of 5/5 and 100 total reps with this :)

Single Leg deadlift ( SLDL) left side only
2 12 kgs x 6 x 4

this was interesting. definitely got better as I did more sets but it was a challenge. Need to do this asymmetrically as my right leg is already way to far ahead. this is good. I tried to alternate left leg lunges with this but it destabilized me too much.

stability ball pike up to hs
2 sets of 3

playing with this to prep for handstand work. very easy and solid. felt right

crawls
3 laps of 65 ft
1 x 100 ft
strong here too. fitness level is definitely up. recovery between sets very quick. After each lap rest in full squat position. getting deeper each day

datsit
neverquit.


2 comments:

Morgan L. said...

Never Quit!

Mark Reifkind said...

Never. Ever. Quit.

155 x 3 x 5, 160 x 3 x 5, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 35

 Thought about going back to 5x5 for a hot second then my left shoulder  reminded me why I stopped doing them before. It doesn't seem to...