Saturday, April 19, 2014

40kg One arm swings , 65 kg two hand swings, 28 kg goblet squat



Really good one today. Woke up rested with nothing hurting. I knew it was going to be a strong one and it was.

30 minute stretchout, 100 ups, 50 RIPs, and floor work

One arm swings
16 kg x 5/5/ x2
20 kg x 5/5
24 kg x 5/5
32 kg x 4/4
40 kg x 6/6 x 8 sets
         x 12/12 pr
120 reps,
10,560 lbs

felt strong from the first rep of the first set which almost never happens. Grip has really come back strong from all this uber heavy one arm swings and I can feel it from the get.It's hard to swing a bell powerfully when you can just barely hold on to it.
Not a problem today.
And the last set of 12/12 was no issue either.

Two hand swing
40 kg x 8
44 kg x 8
48 kg x 8
52 kg x 8
65 kg x 8
         x 10 PR!

this was great and I much prefer this up the rack method after doing multiple sets of one weight with the one arms. Plus it lets me play with the bigger weight more often. This is what I will do.

Goblet squat
20 kg x 5
24 kg x 5
28 kg x 5 PR!

these were easy and the most stress was the arms not the legs so I will probably have to sub this out on Saturdays

CB barbarian squat
10lbs x 8
15lbs x 10 x 2

good but still too much arm/shoulder work. I might try double shoulder park squats, those might work.

datsit
Never quit.

tomorrow is hopefully a pr ruck walk, thinking about 11 laps if things feel good.



4 comments:

Diana said...

Your recovery amazes me Mark!
I've been getting into hiking a lot lately now that the trails are ice and snow free! However, the mud and puddles now exist for a while-so it makes for a "slippery" and unstable walk at times but once things dry up for the season, I may start adding a backpack with some weight!

Mark Reifkind said...

thanks Diana, surprisingly it doesnt me ! I kind of expected this. This is the OLD me I remember, the high volume training, six days a week guy. I fell right back into it.Love it. way more fun than absolute strength stuff to me
put a pack on, it changes things :)

Diana said...

Mark-
Your recovery amazed me, not because I didn't think you could do it, but because I see on a regular basis how patients get a "new" part and they change nothing about their life to embrace it.....I see the worst of the worst at work, it's nice to know that there obviously is a side in health care when the patient succeeds beyond all barriers!

Mark Reifkind said...

yea I couldn't imagine that. but I also can't understand why able bodied people don't use their well functioning body's on a more challenging basis either!
don't know what you got til it's gone I guess :)

Thursday ruck

 Another decently strong one. Cool weather again and that helps.. Calves were tight, the only thing slowing me down 45 lb ruck 6 laps 3 mile...