Wednesday, April 23, 2014

22 kg snatch, double front squat,reverse sled pull



tough one today. Felt great all day and did a lot of stretching both upper and lower body , bodyweight squatting ( as well as a few sets with an oly bar with bodyweight) and some handstands that I actually got to touch the wall !  that was exciting, at least I can still do a wall handstand, and, on the way to the wall. I held a few decent free standing seconds as well.

I finally figured out a good place to do them at work so I should be able to grease the groove with them regularly and see if this indeed stretches out the torso and shoulders.

But I felt tired going in and when I saw I had to do 11 sets of 8/8 to progress the 22 kg snatch it seemed like A LOT of FREAKIN'Snatches to do,lol. and it was. But it was just 'work' and we got it done

I just have to focus on 'easy breathing' and it keeps my heartrate much lower and I can more easily do the reps without gassing.As soon as I powerbreathe my HR shoots way up.

snatch
16 kg x 5/5/ x 2
20 kg x 5/5
22 kg x 8/8 x 11 sets
176 reps
8624

and my shoulders were feeling SO good going in I didn't want to wreck it. so far so good but we'll see tomorrow. Overhead position looks better on film than it felt in the gym. I felt strong just not motivated, Just another day at the office and work that needed to get done.These are the workouts that count the most. The one's you just 'get done'.

Two kb front squat


these were easy weight, the 16's and I was just working on the groove and depth. Added in the olympic shoes and they felt good. will use them on Monday when this is the new Move of the Day.
 2 16's x 5 x 4 sets


Reverse sled drag
60 lbs x 100 feet x 3 laps

QUADS ON FIRE!! Wow, glad I lowered the weight, this was a torch on the quads and calves.  definitely stays in if I can walk tomorrow

a much need two days off coming before Beast swings on Saturday

datsit.
neverquit


No comments:

195 x 1 x 9 205 x 1 225 x CLOSE! 205 x 1 20kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 30

 What a great day! Moved my grip and my stance back in. Concentrated on pushing UP on the bar un takeoff and then decided, during warmups, t...