Saturday, October 17, 2009

Snatch work and clubs

Another way cool Maltese. Lats for days . Note the seriously hyperextended elbows. Gymnastis is SO good for the joints,lol.
Not the hardest training today but enough. Whenever I demo bent presses and level 2 skills my back and left shoulder always get more tired than usual( the right shoulder can't externally rotate enough for bent presses) and I was feeling it a bit today. Discretion is the better part of... and all that. So just sets of 5 today with Nick at a good I go you go pace.


Snatch

16 kg x5/5x 2

20 kgx 5/5 x2

24 kg x5/5 x11 sets

x10/10 x 1 set

130 reps

6890 lbs



these felt fine except for some weak noises from the lumbar spine and sacrum reminding me that I did what I did yesterday and to be smart. I wanted 150 reps at least but hey, I want a lot of things I can't have, lol. Make haste slowly.


two hand clubbells


two hand arm cast

two hand barbarian

two hand shield cast/barbarian

one arm clean and arm cast


all with the 25 lber for sets of 5-8 reps. Very solid with the one arms, perhaps the most solid ever. All that pressing is paying off.

Yoga tomorrow!


datsit.

4 comments:

guy said...

Glad to see you still moving forward Sir!
I felt some creaking today around the elbow, bad news. Good news starting to own the Bulldog for TGU's ;) Still I will procede with caution.

Rob O'Brien said...

Nice work! I need to get back to snatches to get to 50k. You are pulling away from me.

Mark Reifkind said...

guy,

make sure to fully stretch out the forearm flexors to reduce the elbow creakiness.good job with the tgu's!and yes, make haste slowly.

Mark Reifkind said...

rob

thanks man, and yes, you better get going,that 50k is in the sites!the clubs got me sidetracked for quite a while myself,lol.

195 x 1 x 11 , 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 35, 25

  Not great sleep and a bit sore ( no aspirin for last three days) so all in all it was a strong day . Just definitely not 'fresh'  ...