Saturday, October 03, 2009

Snatches and swings.

Back to basics, and how humbling it is. I haven't trained swings for volume in eons and it was very apparent this morning. Now, granted I am just getting back into volume type training but I was surprised at how much they hit different things than just the snatches I have been doing.
Now I will have to cut snatch volume back, at least at first, to accomodate doing more swings but I think that's fine for now. I have had a year straight of almost all snatches and my 50,000 reps are going to get there so I can change course a little now.
Had to train very early this am to accomdate Nick and it was COLD too, so I took it very slow to get started. I also took my passive warmup Russian Style 10 min HOT bath to get things less stiff. I always know winter is upon me when I start taking baths before my workouts again.

Snatches
12 kgx8/8
16 kg x 8/8x2 32 reps 512 lbs
16kgx5/5/5/5 x2 20 reps 720
20 kgx 5/5 10 reps 440
20 kgx5/5/3/3 16 reps 704
20 kgx5/5/5/5x3 60 reps 2640
24 kg x 5/5 10 reps x 3 30 reps 1590
106 reps total
4206 lbs


pretty weak but it's a start. need more sleep and food.

one arm swings
20 kg x 10/10 x 3 60 reps 2640
24 kg x 8/8 x 3 48 reps 2544

these felt good. did them barefoot as opposed to wearing my OL boot as I do on snatches. what can I say, I'm weird, biomechanically,lol. at least.flat foot feels much better for my swings and the heel works better for the snatch.considering my still too tight right shoulder I'm not suprised. hey it works. Plus I really felt my glutes much better and I think my back can now handle more glute work. we'll see.
back to yoga tomorrow too. now THAT should be fun.
it's been awhile.I can already feel my hammies getting tight so I'm off to do some floor work

datsit.

2 comments:

guy said...

Bossman,

Good work, Sir. Breaking back in smart.
I kinda miss heavy swings, but I'm into the boost protocol's 2nd week, and I have cut back on my strength training too. Z health work has been making me feel alot better (paratrooper knees).

Have a great week sir! Best wishes to you.

Mark Reifkind said...

guy.

thanks man, its' time to get back with the swings, its' the base and I've been neglecting them.boost protocol is hard, great luck with that!best wishes to you too.

195 x 1 x 11 , 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 35, 25

  Not great sleep and a bit sore ( no aspirin for last three days) so all in all it was a strong day . Just definitely not 'fresh'  ...