Monday, March 04, 2019

Time to rebuild Standing press 160 lbs x 5 x 3 reps,40 kg belt squat, floor pushups, laterals



Well this didn't end well. things were going steadily towards being able to press 200 on my birthday. But then I got sick and it's been a shitty month of crappy sickness and poor training

Today was really my last chance and although there was nothing going on, in my body or mind, that told me I could get this I wanted to at least give it a ride

I didn't get close.

Although I unlocked my psoas ( the source of my back tightness) yesterday there just wasn't much time to it regain normal ROM and the bar felt heavy in all positions. Plus sleep was shit last night and I still have a freakin' cough. And allergies. WTF!

Really really bored with this shit.

Standing press
65 x 3
85 x 3
105 x 3
135 x 3
155 x 1 just couldn't get my hip to extend correctly
170 x 1 decent
180 x 0 x 2 not even close
160 x 3 x 5 sets

that wasn't bad and by the 5th set I was feeling almost normal and actually remembered how to press again Considering my PR is 5x5 with this weight it's not bad at all
Going to do that next week and tie the pr and then start to work on 165 x 5 x 5 and then 170 and then see how things feel

Also have to start doing walkouts after the top sets with a heavy weight

40 kg belt squat
10, 12,14

Floor pushups
40
30
25

these have really been neglected. back to work here

Laterals
2 x 8/8 with 15s

BW 168.2
BF 12.4

still felt very small and light today.

re building time! No worries

No comments:

Thursday ruck

 Another decently strong one. Cool weather again and that helps.. Calves were tight, the only thing slowing me down 45 lb ruck 6 laps 3 mile...