Saturday, March 30, 2019

40 kg One arm Swings 10x10/10, pistols, wt pushups, laterals



It's been two months since I've done this volume and I think the last time was when I was just getting sick but two months without heavy volume meant I was in for a tough one. And it was but actually not too bad. Seems I'm back in the mix again and this wasn't as painful as I expected

One arm swings
16 kg x 5/5 x 2
20 kg x 5/5
24 kg x 4/4
28 kg x 4/4
32 kg x 4/4
40 kg x 10/10 x 10
200 reps
17,600 lbs
RPE 8

very solid and I went back to the " ba boom" technique that I realized  I haven't been maximizing lately after I fell into it again wednesday
Definitely lets me load my hips better than just more of a quad slight hip shift back type of hinge. Back THEN down lets me almost bounce off my hips and legs. Been focused so much on my press I haven't been paying enough attention to my groove

then, the sick thing, too

Pistol practice
4 sets of 5/5
ok took a bit to warm up
have to figure out a transition to the weighted no support technque

Wt pushups
BW x 8
53 x 8 x 3

strong! first time back at weight in a month

Laterals
3 x 6/6 with 20
a bit heavy today actually

BW 168.8
BF 11.2 ( bath)
W 59.1

datsit!

1 comment:

BG said...

Hi Mark! could you expand on the "ba boom" technique? I know you mention it somewhere on the Mastering the Hardstyle Swing DVD, but I could not find it.

What is the ba and the boom?

Thanks in advance!

155 x 3 x 5, 160 x 3 x 5, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 35

 Thought about going back to 5x5 for a hot second then my left shoulder  reminded me why I stopped doing them before. It doesn't seem to...