Wednesday, January 10, 2018

24 kg speed swings 15 min, 190 press attempts,walking lunges, side delts



ACK . Double Ack. This was not fun. One thing I learned for sure, that I thought last time, was that it's no good to try to attempt heavy singles after speed swing work. The funny thing is is that it's fine physically. It just messes me up mentally.

I'm too anxious to get to the meat of the workout, the main course, and the swings are getting in my way. I have to do them, and force myself to focus but it's not right. Way too much stress, So back to mondays being press day, and probably back to triple progression

It worked great for three cycles in a row and I hit 170 for 5 doubles strongly. The peak just got messed up  but I threw the baby out with the bathwater again. But, this time I recognized it quickly. It was a good idea, but it's not going to work :)

But I will do the speed presses, on Wednesday instead of pushups. that won't be a problem. As Louie always said, don't mix modalities ( ie speed work with max effort work )

that being said I felt strong but a bit tired, and anxious. not psyched but more,wanting to just get it done. not the mind set for success

that also being said I really thought I would get the first attempt and then REALLY though I would get the second as my head came out of my ass as the pressure was off. I  had already missed.  But I was tired by then

Back to tried and true triple progress and make sure to sleep the night before the peak!

24 kg speed swings
15 :15
8 rpa
15 min
30 sets
240 reps
12,720 lbs

I actually think we need to go back to to ten reps per 15 second. Lots of power but not enough cardio, I fear

Military press
 45 x 5
65 x 4
85 x 3
105 x 2
120 x 2
135 x 1
150 x 1
160 x 1
175 x 1 ( strong too!)
190 x X
190 x X  ack ack ack!
155 x 3 thought I could get five, just plain tired


walking lunges
3 laps

side delts
3 sets of 12 with 15

bw 168.2
bf 12.7
w 56.4

1 pm
BW 167.6
BF 10.3
W 58.3

ruck tomorrow

datsit
dfq

No comments:

195 x 1 x 11 , 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 35, 25

  Not great sleep and a bit sore ( no aspirin for last three days) so all in all it was a strong day . Just definitely not 'fresh'  ...