Sunday, November 06, 2016

Fast Ruck



This was nice. Wasn't even trying and came up with some very nice times. Granted yesterday's volume was low but that wouldn't guarantee anything. Except something has shifted and that's very cool. Haven't really felt this in, well, decades, I guess. And I really never thought I would again, especially on the endurance side Just goes to show you never know.

50 lb Ruck
12 laps
10 isometric squat holds
1:51 min
4th lap 7:42
8th lap 7:27
12th lap 7:11!!!

wow. that was smoking fast and not hard at all. I started to bonk a little on the 10th lap as I was going slow trying to recover a bit in preparation for the next speed lap but once I got into it it was strong!

BW 161.8
BF 11.7
W 56.7

lighter than expected too. All good.

Press tomorrow, looking for 5 sets of 4 with 135 at least

datsit
DFQ

No comments:

195 x 1 x 11 , 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 35, 25

  Not great sleep and a bit sore ( no aspirin for last three days) so all in all it was a strong day . Just definitely not 'fresh'  ...