Thursday, June 25, 2015

Thursday Ruck: Only Mad Dogs and Englishmen

Go out in the midday sun.
And me it seems :)

Nice little scorcher today, high eighties and no wind. Lovely.
But it was the best hot ruck I've done yet and definitely showed me I'm headed into the heat tolerance zone of better fitness.You're not really fit until you're fit in the heat. And today was a good start

43 lb ruck
6 laps
55 minutes
last lap 7:52

about five minutes faster than normal. Great pace and Tracy really kicked ass too.
One real day off then 44 kg swings!


can't really think of a better definition of work capacity or high end strength endurance than this

datsit
neverquit

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Mark,

That picture is priceless...Pretty much right on! Lol.

Dexter

Mark Reifkind said...

man i so wish I had done my time in the military :(

195 x 1 x 11 , 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 35, 25

  Not great sleep and a bit sore ( no aspirin for last three days) so all in all it was a strong day . Just definitely not 'fresh'  ...