Monday, June 15, 2015

120 lb Military press ( pr),bar hack squat, floor pushups, sled, side delt



Well, for my sixth day in a row of training this went surprisingly good. Even though after last weeks volume PR of 5x5 with 110 I probably should have dropped down in weight I did not feel like doing much volume so I felt my way up a bit.

Shoulders felt ok but everything was a bit stiff and tired today so i really didn't know how 120 would feel but it, as usual, got better the more sets I did.

Military Press
 stick x 5
bar  x 5
65 x 5
75 x 3
85 x 3
95 x 3
110 x 2
120 x 2 x 4 sets PR!

Nice! I can see 135 in the not so distant horizon

Barbell Hack squats
55 x 10
75 x 10
95 x 8 x 4

these felt good lots of lower quad

Floor pushups


these went well. I hit four sets of 20 pretty strongly but I didn't realize I was dropping my head so much. I haven't watched video of myself in a long time. I will bring my head up in the future. It won't make me go deeper; I'm going to the comfortable limit of my shoulder ROM right now but I don't like the way it looks.

Either way though my work capacity on these is much improved.

4 sets of 20
80 reps

Sled pull
3 laps of 250 ft with 105 lbs

these were strong! haven't done them in a few weeks but they felt very good

Db side raises
3 x 12 with 12 lbs

just keeping the shoulder muscles balanced

ok one day off then 18 min of swings on wednesday!

datsit
neverquit




No comments:

155 x 3 x 5, 160 x 3 x 5, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 35

 Thought about going back to 5x5 for a hot second then my left shoulder  reminded me why I stopped doing them before. It doesn't seem to...